Delegate Congress —
Vested with the supreme authority and except as otherwise provided for in this constitution its decision shall be final and binding and not subject to any variation other than by itself.
Persons entitled to attend the Congress shall consist of the following:
- Members of Governing Board.
- Members of Finance Board of TIP.
- Staff of the Secretariat.
- Members of the Central Committee.
- Members of the Regional Committees.
- Members of the Standing Committees.
- Accredited Delegates from the branches.
- Accredited Delegates of Affiliate members.
- Observers and invited guests of the Secretariat.
Central Commitee —
The Central Committee shall assist the Governing Board and the Secretariat in the discharge of its functions and have an oversight responsibility over National, Regional and Branch Executives and all standing committees to ensure compliance of TIP rules, regulations, programs and policies.
The Central Committee shall meet at least twice every year.
It consists of:
- All Chairpersons at National, Regional and Branch levels.
- All Vice Chairpersons at National, Regional and Branch levels.
- All Organizers and welfare officers at National, Regional and Branch levels.
- Representative(s) from each Affiliate member(s) or group(s).
- The General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary of TIP.
National Executive Commitee —
The National Executive Committee shall have the responsibility for implementing the National Plan and act as the coordinating and monitoring body of all elected officers within TIP.
The National Executive Committee shall consist of the following officers of TIP.
Regional Commitee —
There shall be a Regional Committee made up of Regional officers in each of the five regions of TIP. There shall be an established regional secretariat where active membership is more than two thousand (2000).
The Regional Secretariat shall be composed of the following:
- All Branch officers within the region.
- All Regional officers.
- Other Affiliate members in the Region.
Standing Commitee —
The Standing Committees shall assist the secretariat in the implementation and enforcement of TIP programs and policies.
The Standing Committees shall have their membership consisting of;
- A member from each of the Branches.
- Representative from the Secretariat.
The Secretariat —
There shall be a Headquarters of TIP, headed by Executive General Secretary and located in Accra or any other location as may be deemed by Congress. It shall be the administrative arm of the national executive and the governing board in charge of day to day management and operations of TIP and shall be called the “Secretariat”.
The Secretariat shall have the following officials as full time/part time or consultants or experts who may or may not be members of TIP:
- The General Secretary.
- The Deputy General Secretary.
- Support Team (Consultants, experts and lawyers).
- Administrative Staffs.
Governing Board —
The Union powers shall be vested in the Governing Board; accordingly, neither the Board Chairperson nor the vice chairperson shall have or be given final power.
The Governing Board shall be composed of the following:
- The National Chairperson of TIP.
- The General Secretary of TIP.
- Chairperson of the Finance Board.
- Other appointed members by the National Executive Committee.
Finance Board —
There shall be a Finance Board constituted by the Governing Board in consultation with the Central Committee. Membership shall not be less than five (5) and more than seven (7) and shall not be limited to membership or elected officials of TIP. The Board members shall appoint amongst themselves their chairperson, vice chairperson and the secretary. The Board shall report directly to the Governing Board and the Secretariat.
The Finance Board shall be composed of the following:
- The Chairperson of the Board.
- The Vice Chairperson of the Board.
- The Internal Auditor.
- The National Trustees.
- Branch Treasurer(s) and or financial secretary (ies).